New Zealand School of Fashion
New Enrolments for the PART-TIME course -
Patternmaking DIPLOMA Course starting - January 2019
It has never been easier to learn pattern drafting.
With the unique “Drafting with Confidence Tool” you can draft the Basic Blocks to fit any figure perfectly in minuets (This included any BUST cup size)
Do you dream to be able to draft your own designs?
Get the skills to turn your dream into a rewarding lifelong passion and or career!!
Ideal if you wish a career in the fashion world as a pattern drafter.
Do you have fitting problems with commercial patterns?
- Wednesdays from 10am to 12:30pm
Learning to sew has never been Easier!!
At the NZ school of Fashion you will be able to learn all the techniques to complete your creations for yourself, family and friends.
We make the learning process fun, enjoyable and teach a useful life skill. Taking classes can provide an opportunity to make a start in the fashion industry, as an addition income or just for the FUN of creating something.
Our aim is to educate the community in sewing, designing, and pattern making.
Join a workshop and learn sewing techniques, which will allow you to create beautiful and individual garments. You have a choice of Monday or Thursday mornings, alternate Saturdays or Tuesday Afternoons (for teenages) Workshop Times and Fees
- The Classes are small, friendly and fun.
- We Cater for the beginner right through to advanced sewing.
- You will learn techniques to sew your garment and also learn how to follow a commercial patterns instruction sheet.
- Learn how to manipulate a pattern to fit your body. Imagine garments that fit well!!
- In the classes you will acquire sewing techniques that you will use time and time again in your sewing, and give your garments a professional finish.
- Learn about all the great tools you can use in your garment construction.
- Perhaps you struggle with buying clothes that actually fit you. So you want better fitting clothes that are flattering. With a few simple tips you can achieve this.
- Start with a simple design/pattern and the help of a very experienced teacher at the NZ school of Fashion.
- With each completed project your confidence will grow allowing you to choose more difficult designs.
- From pyjamas to a fully lined jacket with welt pockets or evening gown, the choice is yours.
NOTE: To join a workshop you do not have to sign a contract, come for as long as you wish or for only one project, the choice is yours. Workshop Times and Fees
- Maybe fashion is your passion and you want to make your own designs or start on a career in fashion. Then look at the following courses:
- Part-Time Certificate in Dressmaking/Garment Construction
- The Distance Learning Dressmaking/Garment Construction Certificate Course.
"I have 35 years experience in teaching sewing, so if you have a desire to learn the skill and art of sewing and pattern drafting, don’t give up your dream, and take advantage of our professionalism and years of teaching experience"
"Learning to sew is a skill that lasts a lifetime!!"
Contact us by email or
PHONE: +64 93901090
MOBILE PHONE: 021 051 2424
4 School Road
+64 9 390 1090
+64 021 0512424 email@example.com